Cross UI SPA Builder 1.41 Mac Installation Problem

Post bugs here!

Cross UI SPA Builder 1.41 Mac Installation Problem

Postby Martin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:43 pm

Target Install Machine: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

I am unable to get Cross UI SPA Builder 1.41 installed on my Mac. I scoured the forum, cookbook, youtube and google for a straightfoward install guide.

I have CrossUI SPA Builder 1.41 running perfectly on my Windows 10 PC. That PC has the Java 8 112 SE and SDK 64-bit installed and I also took special care to put it at the root as "C:\crossui\" to avoid [space] and other special character in the path.

On my Mac, the process has not gone well at all. At best, I have to go into security and override the Sign Apps package which is a royal pain given that I use a highly locked down Mac with Maas360 loaded for security. My result is a CrossUI launch on the dock with no visible application running on the foreground. To make matters worse, there are no error messages. It just sits there indefinitely with no sign of what is going on. I really need a hand-hold or step by step install for a Mac that includes prerequisite software and install steps. I'm sure this is a noobie question and I apologize for missing some obvious trouble shooting steps.

I'm currently forced to develop on my PC until this is resolved which hampers my deployment a great deal since I have to shuttle files back and forth between the two rigs via DropBox and finally deploy via Cyberduck to my Linux web server. It's cumbersome so any and all help would be appreciated.

Kindly,
Martin
Martin

Re: Cross UI SPA Builder 1.41 Mac Installation Problem

Postby support » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:51 am

Typically, on a Mac, you only need to unzip the package, and then you can run the "CrossUI" directly.

I don't know the specific reason to cause that. But you can try the followings:

1. If you can find any debug/crash file( xx.log ), post it here. We'll try to solve it.

2. You can try to find more info at http://nwjs.io (CrossUI desktop was wrapped with nwjs).
support

Postby Martin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:32 pm

I am still unable to get Cross UI SPA Builder 1.41 working on my Mac.

I'm attaching various screen shots including the log file. Your message board only seems to allow me to attach two images which is unfortunate since I have screen shots that depict this problem.

I really need this working and need your help. Going to the nwjs site was a waste of time. I need a simple clean straightforward install process that works. I'm hoping you actually tested this on a Mac since all the older videos show just PC.

Note, I'm able to get your older 1.3 version running. The old version uses Webkit while the new version uses NWJS.

OSX About.jpg
OSX About.jpg (130.53 KiB) Viewed 5214 times

CrossUI SPA Builder - version 1.4 on Mac OSX - 64bit.jpg
CrossUI SPA Builder - version 1.4 on Mac OSX - 64bit.jpg (8.87 KiB) Viewed 5214 times
Martin

Postby Martin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Log shows exception

EXC_BAD_ACCESS
KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS

I've tried this by running/unzipping at download, desktop and root taking care to remove spaces and special characters. All variations of locations produce the same error.

Your site does not permit uploading TXT or RTF extension files. It also limits upload size. This is a real hassle.
Martin

Postby support » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:53 am

You can try to download the latest nwjs version(http://nwjs.io/).

If it can work well in you OSX, we can package the 1.4 version in the latest nwjs.
support

Postby Martin » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:00 am

That worked well. I can run NWJS standalone without errors. The version I downloaded from your URL was v0.18.5(normal). If your team can bundle that with CrossUI, I would be very thankful.
Martin

Postby support » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:51 am

OK. We'll upgrade to 1.42 in 3 days.
support

Postby support » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:15 pm

We just upgrade the verion with nwjs0.18.5, please download it again and try it on your Mac.
support

Postby Martin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:42 pm

I am very happy to report back to you that 1.41 works perfectly. I want to thank you and your team for quickly responding and releasing a fix. You guys rock!
Martin

Return to Bug Report