Ver 1.4 problems

Post bugs here!

Ver 1.4 problems

Postby joedarock » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:37 pm

I'm having a lot of problems since I installed Ver 1.4 that have stalled my project. I don't want to get into details right now until I get back on track, but I want to go back to Ver 1.2. Is there a Win64 installation package for Ver 1.2 somewhere?
joedarock

Re: Ver 1.4 problems

Postby joedarock » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:59 pm

I had many problems with Ver 1.4 and I finally uninstalled it and returned to 1.3 which was, fortunately, still in my Downloads folder. Among the problems I had were:

1)Ver 1.4 mangled DomId's I had previously programmed via the "Component Config" pane's "Others","domid" section.
2) Inability to re-enter the custom DomId's. It wouldn't accept changes in the "Component Config" pane, so I had to do it in source code. Fixing one would change another. Sometimes, adding code to set a DomId would totally wipe the component from the source code.
3) Application "hanging" on debug startup, with just "...." displayed when attempting to start the app in debug mode. This was usually related to mangled DomId's.
4) Others that I forgot by now.

I had to uninstall 1.4, wipe all registry references to it, clean out the Workspace folder and totally rebuild the project in Ver1.3, since any code that was already edited or run under 1.4 wouldn't build properly under 1.3. I had to build a new project and import files from a server where a previous version of the application was deployed.

It was a very painful process. My recommendation is to save all your project files outside the workspace if you upgrade, and then check compatibility very carefully.
joedarock

Postby support » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:26 am

It's a bug in 1.4verion, we'll fix it and release 1.41 in a week.
support

Postby joedarock » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:00 am

Why does it take almost 2 weeks to get a reply to a very serious bug? This may be the major reason virtually no one else is using this product, which has so much potential.
joedarock

Postby support » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:35 am

joedarock wrote:Why does it take almost 2 weeks to get a reply to a very serious bug? This may be the major reason virtually no one else is using this product, which has so much potential.

We are sorry about that
support

Return to Bug Report