IDE Hangs when loading helper script file

Develop and Deploy Cross-Browser Web Apps .

IDE Hangs when loading helper script file

Postby joedarock » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:54 pm

My application consists of the xui Class script and a helper script where I have several supporting utility functions. This was working fine until today. Now, when I Open the application, it runs fine in Debug execution mode (which includes the helper script) until I try to open the helper script in the editor window. At that point the whole IDE freezes up and the only way to get out is to use Windows Task Manager to kill CrossUI. There's seemingly something in the helper file that the editor doesn't like, causing it to freeze, but I can't find it.
joedarock

Re: IDE Hangs when loading helper script file

Postby joedarock » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:27 pm

This is still happening. but I think I narrowed down. What really happens is that the IDE and debug simulator work fine while you're writing and testing code. Then, if you close the project and re-open it, the whole IDE hangs up trying to load the files. I think I narrowed it down to having too many individual comment lines in the midst of variable declarations, but I still don't have enough information to tell how to reproduce it. It's definitely related to comment lines though. If I remove all comments, it's fine; if I put them back, it hangs on startup.
joedarock

Re: IDE Hangs when loading helper script file

Postby support » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:16 am

If you figure it out , or reproduce it, post info here please. We will fix/ignore this issue in the next version.
support

Return to CrossUI for Web Apps