xui.UI.Tabs and xui.UI.Image

Develop and Deploy Cross-Browser Web Apps .

xui.UI.Tabs and xui.UI.Image

Postby yogesh » Fri May 09, 2014 9:28 am

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum.

I've started using CrossUI RAD tool (version 1.21) from last week and I came across few issues and request your answers to solve them.

1) I'm Unable to see the UI in browsers (Firefox and Chrome) when the application is built without 'Vista' appearance. I've enabled only the 'default' appearance. How to get the User Interface in browser with 'default' appearance setting?

2) File names with character (hyphen) - is not allowed to create. Also, it throws strange error as '2-9 characters only'.
Example: wan-a.html is a valid file name. Why the error occurs with hyphen character? Also, the error message is not clear as the filename contains only 5 characters. Also, why the tool is preventing file names beyond 9 characters in length?

3) I am working with the xui.UI.Tabs control and I could not able to reference the html file with ajaxAutoLoad attribute. The relative path file reference is not working. The browser is returning "Error: XMLHTTP returns--404" always for the tabs referencing relative path of the html file. Why does this happen?

4) Please provide code snap for xui.UI.Image control. How to open a file upon clicking an image? I could not able to find example for this.

5) Search this forum functionality on top of the forum's (in CrossUI Code Snap) web page is also not working.
I tried to search xui.UI.Image and it returns error like the below:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: image xui ui.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

The same issue occurs with search like xui.UI.Group, xui.UI.Tabs, etc.

Please clarify why the search is not working for these strings though there are some threads exist for the above. If I know the search criteria, then it will help me to search and find references to the other items that I wish.

Thanks,
Yogesh
yogesh

Re: xui.UI.Tabs and xui.UI.Image

Postby support » Fri May 09, 2014 11:58 am

>>>> 1) I'm Unable to see the UI in browsers (Firefox and Chrome) when the application is built without 'Vista' appearance. I've enabled only the 'default' appearance. How to get the User Interface in browser with 'default' appearance setting?

Modify index.html/debug.html
xui.launch('App', function(){xui('loading').remove();},'','vista'); to xui.launch('App', function(){xui('loading').remove();});

Andd you can remove the above vista.css link if you want to use default theme.

>>>> 2) File names with character (hyphen) - is not allowed to create. Also, it throws strange error as '2-9 characters only'.
>>>> Example: wan-a.html is a valid file name. Why the error occurs with hyphen character? Also, the error message is not clear as the filename contains only 5 characters. Also, why the tool is preventing file names beyond 9 characters in length?

We'll enhance that function in the next version. We'll release 1.22 in 7 days.

>>>> 3) I am working with the xui.UI.Tabs control and I could not able to reference the html file with ajaxAutoLoad attribute. The relative path file reference is not working. The browser is returning "Error: XMLHTTP returns--404" always for the tabs referencing relative path of the html file. Why does this happen?

We have finished this function already, you will find it in the next version (But you need to use the special {/} to represent the current path).

>>>> 4) Please provide code snap for xui.UI.Image control. How to open a file upon clicking an image? I could not able to find example for this.

You can use it's 'onclick' event.

>>>> 5) Search this forum functionality on top of the forum's (in CrossUI Code Snap) web page is also not working.
>>>> I tried to search xui.UI.Image and it returns error like the below:
>>>> The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: image xui ui.
>>>> You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

That's the forum's setting, we will consider to modify it.
support

Postby yogesh » Fri May 09, 2014 12:17 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Can I get an email alert when my post is answered by someone?
yogesh

Postby linb » Fri May 09, 2014 1:58 pm

You can set "Notify me when a reply is posted" in your profile.
linb
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat May 10, 2014 2:43 am

It works for everyone now.
support

Postby yogesh » Mon May 19, 2014 9:43 am

>>>> 4) Please provide code snap for xui.UI.Image control. How to open a file upon clicking an image? I could not able to find example for this.

You can use it's 'onclick' event.

Can you please post sample code to open a file using onclick event of an image or button or hyperlink? I've searched all the examples as well as in the forum, but could not able to find it.
yogesh

Postby support » Mon May 19, 2014 11:12 am

Class('App', 'xui.Com',{
Instance:{
iniComponents : function(){
// [[Code created by CrossUI RAD Tools
var host=this, children=[], append=function(child){children.push(child.get(0));};

append((new xui.UI.Image())
.setHost(host,"ctl_image3")
.setLeft(30)
.setTop(20)
.setSrc("http://www.crossui.com/img/logo32.png")
.setCursor("pointer")
.onClick("_ctl_image3_onclick")
);

append((new xui.UI.Image())
.setHost(host,"ctl_image18")
.setLeft(30)
.setTop(60)
.setSrc("http://www.crossui.com/img/logo32.png")
.setCursor("pointer")
.onClick("_ctl_image18_onclick")
);

return children;
// ]]Code created by CrossUI RAD Tools
},
_ctl_image3_onclick:function (profile, e, src){
xui.Dom.submit("http://www.crossui.com");
},
_ctl_image18_onclick:function (profile, e, src){
window.open("http://www.crossui.com", "_blank");
}